Computer Systems Support/Network Technician
Position currently available
As a computer systems support/network technician you will ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes maintaining, upgrading, troubleshooting, repairing and documenting all hardware, software and peripheral computer equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
You will develop and maintain an understanding of network user support and troubleshooting. You will assist with the installation and maintenance of local and wide area network hardware and software, including virtual and physical servers, storage, peripherals, network nodes, terminals and wiring. You will receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolve end user help requests in person, by telephone, or via email in a timely and accurate fashion. You will also provide end user training and assistance where required.
Education, experience and skills required:
- College degree in Communications, Business, or Computer Science a plus.
- ITIL and/or Help Desk Certifications a plus.
- Two years’ Help Desk experience in an information technology company and/or two years’ technical experience in a customer-centric company.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Be well organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, work on, and complete many, varied tasks simultaneously.
- Technical proficiency with hardware/software on both Windows and Macintosh computers.
- Ability to work off-hours on short notice. Must live within 15 minutes of corporate headquarters to respond to emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Must be patient and enjoy working with others.