This job is open for employee to be based in office or remotely.
Department: Digital Services
Reports to: Head of Digital Services
The SEM Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, launching and monitoring campaigns for Coffey's clients and Coffey's corporate marketing. You will be responsible for managing and optimizing paid search and other pay-per-click advertising campaigns by tracking performance daily; performing continual optimization; and developing weekly, monthly and annual reports.
Essential job functions
- Develops, implements, launches and monitors campaigns through Coffey's digital marketing platform.
- Performs keyword research, writes ad copy, develops search traffic estimates, segments keywords into campaign structures and aligns them based on business goals.
- Collects search engine and web traffic analytics. Reviews data for patterns and makes recommendations to clients for optimal site exposure based on this data.
- Manages campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies.
- Forecasts trends by reviewing search engine optimization (SEO) performance metrics.
- Articulates technical research methodology and optimization analysis to nontechnical colleagues. Presents data findings to clients, as well as C-suite executives, at the production level.
- In conjunction with the Digital Project Manager, provides regular communication to clients (written and verbal).
- Identifies and monitors audience's preferences and recommends new campaign strategies.
- Implements and optimizes analytics tools to track behavior of website visitors.
- Maintains knowledge of developments, trends and best practices in digital marketing.
- Alerts appropriate personnel to client challenges or successes and captures all relevant client information in CRM.
- Maintains knowledge of social media as used by Coffey's clients, specifically Facebook, Twitter, Google Places and LinkedIn.
- Establishes strong relationships across departments and an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities.
- Uses the Coffey timekeeping system to keep an accurate record of time spent on various job activities.
- Contributes to the accuracy/integrity of data through validation, testing and routine data audits.
- Recommends data analysis and tool improvements, both for Coffey's marketing efforts and for Coffey's clients.
- Keeps up-to-date with best practices in digital marketing and data gathering and analysis across digital channels and platforms, as well as business/industry trends. Makes recommendations to Coffey department leadership based on this research.
Education, experience and skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, digital/internet marketing or design, or other related discipline.
- A minimum of three years of experience in search engine marketing and pay-per-click campaigns. Business-to-business marketing experience preferred.
- A minimum of three years of experience with planning and implementing a successful SEO strategy.
- Google AdWords certification required. Google Analytics certification preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency preparing content for websites using the following applications and technologies: HTML, CSS, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and internet browsers. Up-to-date with current web practices and procedures, including social media and mobile initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear, concise, easy-to-understand manner.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Experience working in a fast-paced software development or digital production environment desirable. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to work well under deadline pressure.
- Ability to manage, analyze and pursue projects independently to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team.
- Ability to travel.