Digital Client Advocate/Project Manager
Department: Client Experience
Reports to: Director of Digital Services
Share this job:
Serves as the primary day-to-day contact for Coffey Communications clients during the creation and maintenance of their websites or other digital solutions. Exhibits excellence in all areas of customer service. Manages the communication and expectations between clients and development staff. Ensures that all clients' standards and preferences are met and that content plans and ROI strategies are executed to clients' satisfaction.
Utilizes a knowledge of project management processes to ensure a high-quality digital production experience for the client. Plans, manages and completes projects by proactively working with team members in Digital Services, Sales and, as needed, Publication Services. Ensures a high-quality product on time, on budget and to the satisfaction of the client. Works with the team members and management in effective allocation of resources across all projects within the organization. Ability to identify risks and effectively communicate with the team members, management and clients to mitigate and resolve potential and/or real issues.
Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of Coffey's processes, procedures, products and services. Continually seeks to improve processes and procedures to help the department run more efficiently and better meet the needs of our clients.
Essential job functions
- Builds and maintains outstanding relationships with an assigned group of clients.
- Develops a keen understanding of clients' goals. Works with clients and internal teams to ensure that each website build or digital solution meets clients' goals and expectations.
- Using project management software, effectively allocates resources across all projects for their assigned group of clients. Manages day-to-day production details related to each website build or digital solution, ensuring on-time delivery of all aspects of the project.
- Leads the onboarding process for new clients; takes the lead in presentations to clients, including redesign presentations and training.
- Has advanced knowledge of netReturns and Site Assist, Coffey's online digital production tools; trains and assists clients in their use of netReturns and Site Assist.
- Leads and/or participates in team meetings at key points during production. Examines prototypes of websites against clients' stated goals and expectations to make sure all client requests are met. Ensures that our best work is delivered to the client.
- Sends staging links to clients; receives their changes and feedback. Passes along website update information to appropriate team members. Solicits follow-up information from clients when needed. Clearly conveys client feedback and requests to production team in writing and orally.
- Takes the lead throughout the production process in problem solving with clients and production staff. Strives to head off challenges and discover patterns in service. Looks for opportunities to improve and enhance communication and service to clients.
- Obtains and maintains a keen awareness of Coffey products and services. Understands the role of all Coffey departments related to the delivery of clients' websites.
- Serves as a proactive consultant throughout the production process to enhance effectiveness of client websites, encouraging results-oriented promotions and cost-effective use of customization opportunities and allowances.
- Works with the Digital Services team to reschedule projects as needed and takes ownership to prioritize projects and daily assignments with other team members when production conflicts arise.
- Alerts production teams and other appropriate personnel to client challenges or successes and captures all relevant client information in Coffey CRM.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in Coffey's ability to meet and exceed clients' needs and expectations.
- Takes initiative to provide information to Director of Digital Services concerning staff achievements or problems in fulfilling assignments.
- Uses the Coffey timekeeping system to keep an accurate record of time spent on various job activities.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
- Accomplishes other projects as assigned.
- Ability to travel.
Education, experience and skills required
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, project management, or equivalent related education or experience.
- Strong customer service orientation and an interest in building open, trusting client relationships. Ability to consult, coach and influence our clients in diverse business environments.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to prioritize work to meet scheduled deadlines and promote positive relations.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills. Ability to have tough conversations and judgment to create steps to resolve potential conflicts or escalate conflicts to management.
- Ability to inspire collaboration and ideas in a team environment.
- Ability to juggle many responsibilities and remain flexible.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to conceptualize website production improvements and strategize procedures to transform challenges into opportunities. Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- A solid understanding of both business and client goals and how they relate.
- Self-motivation, independent judgment, evidence of initiative and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and positively with clients and colleagues.