Director of Digital Services
Department: Digital Services
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Share this job:
Provides direct supervision to Digital Services staff and ensures that the department is properly staffed, motivated and coordinated to perform duties effectively to achieve goals and maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction. Is a strong operational leader who will develop, implement and manage policies, programs, systems and procedures to meet client needs and the company's growth and profitability objectives. Oversees and guides the direction of Site Assist functional enhancements and improvements, increasing client satisfaction and company market share and profitability.
Essential job functions:
- Manages day-to-day operations of Digital Services department. Manages departmental staff to ensure that each member effectively and efficiently accomplishes expectations and that company duties are fulfilled competently and without disruption.
- Understands our product offerings, is passionate about all things digital, and serves as the internal and external evangelist for Site Assist and Coffey's digital services. Works closely with the sales team and key customers.
- Responsible for formulating policies, programs, systems and procedures that meet client needs and meet growth and profitability objectives. Develops short- and long-range goals to ensure best use of department's resources in accordance with objectives for growth and profitability and plans strategies for attaining those goals.
- Oversees project managers for new websites and redesigns to ensure that project profitability targets are met, kickoff meetings and implementation schedules function effectively, and high client satisfaction is achieved.
- Participates as a member of the Executive Management Council.
- Takes responsibility, in harmony with Human Resources, for the recruitment and selection of new department personnel.
- Conducts annual performance coaching of each staff member and monitors performance. Encourages and facilitates the professional development of each staff member. Documents staff progress and accomplishments, as well as any need for improvement.
- Understands, supports and applies all Coffey human resource policies, including items contained in the personnel manual and travel policy; recommends changes or additions to them. Implements, in conjunction with Human Resources, any employee disciplinary actions, up to and including dismissal.
- Researches new technologies and utilization trends to identify opportunities and vulnerabilities, and develops a strategy to expand the company's market share and improve profitability. Leads the creation of plans and review of proposals to ensure that administrative approval is achieved for new initiatives. Executes plans to achieve timely accomplishment of objectives and adherence to budget commitments. Evaluates projects regularly to refine and reposition products and services to grow market share.
- Manages changes in departmental direction, as required by client and market needs. Creates and maintains a staff environment that fosters and encourages a receptivity to and quick response to change, as well as openness to continual review of quality and efficiency.
- Collaborates with the Director of Creative Operations to develop and implement effective strategies for integrating products and services to provide a comprehensive communications solution for clients.
- Stays current with developments in digital technologies and techniques as well as applications related to design, illustration and layout in various media.
- Provides CEO with information necessary to determine pricing strategies for accounts.
- Oversees the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. Works in concert with appropriate staff members to create overall product life cycle plan and specific product requirements and functional design specifications to support that plan. The life cycle plan would require periodic updates to reflect changes in market and company strategy.
- Working with company leadership, will identify new Site Assist-related product opportunities based on company strengths, competitive risks, and market and existing client needs and technology changes.
- Works with senior management and sales and marketing to define product positioning, key benefits and target customer. Also works with senior management to identify and analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Assists corporate representatives, as needed, in securing accounts, including attending sales presentations and trade shows, responding to RFPs, and demonstrating the product and services.
- Works with project manager and developers to define product release requirements, including development, testing and release cycle.
- Helps drive a solution set across development teams and sales and marketing through market requirements, product definition and positioning.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of computer equipment, digital marketing techniques and presentation techniques; acquires and maintains knowledge of corporate products and procedures; and acquires and maintains industry and market knowledge through various channels.
- Is responsible for creating and updating departmental HIPAA policies and procedures in harmony with the HIPAA Compliance Officer and ensures that departmental staff complies with all HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Uses the Coffey timekeeping system to keep an accurate record of time spent on various job activities that are billable to clients.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
Education, experience and skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in management, marketing, business, computer technology, communications or related field or equivalent education or experience.
- 6 to 10 years' experience in business operations, managing personnel across multiple disciplines within creative services design/development.
- Advanced understanding of digital technology.
- Ability to establish and manage the department project management and workflow processes and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly developed skills in fostering synergy, enthusiasm, optimism and energy in the workplace, while being firm and decisive about meeting policies, procedures, deadlines and goals. Ability to motivate staff in a positive, respectful manner and communicate clearly to foster effective teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must enjoy meeting new people and work well with others.
- Ability to work cooperatively within company as a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver results in a fast–paced, dynamic production environment.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Ability to lead and pursue projects independently while exercising good judgment and exhibiting a considerable degree of creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to travel to visit with prospects and clients.