Status: Regular part-time
Department: Plant Services
Reports to: Owner
Share this job:
Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary interior environment at Coffey Communications' corporate office, photo studio and printing facility. Duties will include cleaning and stocking kitchen and staff snack service and cleaning restrooms, employee workstations, furniture and all common areas. This position is regular part-time, Monday through Thursday from 3 to 6:30 p.m. and Friday from 1 to 4 p.m.
Essential job functions
- Is responsible for cleaning, sanitizing, tidying and restocking all items in the staff kitchen, break room and snack room. This includes, but is not limited to, keeping counters clear, wiping down the inside and outside of the cupboards, and maintaining a regular cleaning schedule for kitchen and snack room appliances.
- Performs general sweeping, scrubbing and mopping of all hard-surface floors; vacuums and spot cleans all carpeted areas. Clean glass doors and windows as well as window blinds, windowsills and baseboards.
- Is responsible for cleaning, sanitizing and restocking restrooms.
- Is responsible for stocking the free snacks and Nourish fridge.
- Disposes of trash and recycling from all trash baskets, bins and containers.
- Keeps all common areas neat, tidy and attractive.
- Maintains all cleaning equipment, supplies and products that are suitable for their specific use. Uses green products for the benefit of the staff and the environment. Maintains an organized and well-stocked cleaning supply closet.
- Provides suggestions to supervisor for improving the appearance of all work areas with an eye toward creating and maintaining a clutter-free, safe, clean and attractive work environment.
- Reports wear, possible repairs and/or replacements needed to Plant Services Manager when encountered on the job.
- Takes lead in creating a kitchen that is stocked with service utensils and products needed for food and beverage service.
- Tackles heavy cleaning jobs upon request.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of senior management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
Education, experience and skills required
- High school education or equivalent.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent attendance history, as this work must be done on a regular schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently, professionally and with integrity; works well with people.
- Ability to handle the required tools and equipment used in cleaning.
- Knowledge of cleaning products, proper storage and disposal methods.
- Must be able to perform physical work lifting 30-plus pounds and be able to stand, kneel, bend, stoop and perform repetitive tasks during working hours.