Talent Acquisition Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Share this job:
The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for all facets of recruitment success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing both traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. Will play a critical role in hiring the best possible talent and ensuring a good fit with the company's objectives, culture, brand and values.
Essential job functions
- Recruits and recommends qualified internal and external candidates for open positions using social media, networking and community contacts, employment agencies, college recruiting programs, job fairs, employee referrals and personal interests, advertising, online job services, and membership in appropriate associations.
- Meets with members of the management team to discuss upcoming staffing needs and develops multifaceted recruitment programs. Projects staffing levels and needs by keeping abreast of sales and cancellations through interaction with senior management and sales.
- Leads the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position. Develops and manages interview process; arranges advertising for all open positions; screens applicants; conducts pre-screening interviews; conducts pre-employment tests; schedules hiring manager interviews: conducts reference checks. Handles all paperwork for new hires; sends rejection letters to candidates not selected; coordinates all aspects of welcome procedures for new employees.
- Researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting. Builds networks to find qualified passive candidates and develops a pool in advance of need. Maintains regular contact with possible future hires.
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing social media strategies for recruitment. Monitors and evaluates analytics across major search channels to improve rankings and number of applications.
- Supervises interviewing, testing and hiring practices and processes to ensure adherence to all equal employment opportunity legislation, the Americans with Disabilities Act and other government compliance requirements; ensures management's compliance. Maintains all files covering applications, interviews and testing procedures.
- Stays abreast of employment laws and company products, services, policies and benefits in order to represent the company in an effective and professional manner while recruiting.
- Develops, implements and manages internship programs, college recruiting programs and job fairs. Attends college career fairs for recruiting and company recognition. Develops working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting. Gives presentations at colleges to increase college awareness of the company.
- Develops, conducts or oversees all aspects of orientations for new employees pertaining to overall company offerings and policies as well as department-specific policies and practices; imparts organization practices, policies and culture.
- Meets with management team to determine training and development needs of staff members individually, by department or for the company at large.
- Develops, manages and implements staff and management training programs to develop employee skills and impart organization practices, policies and culture.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of training and orientation programs; recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in employee training, development and career paths. Works with outside vendors for special training services or needs.
- Handles or serves as a resource to management team in developing, managing and implementing staff training programs to develop employee skills. Works with outside vendors for special training services or needs.
- Uses the Coffey timekeeping system to keep an accurate record of time spent on various job activities.
- Oversees or handles preparation and updating of job descriptions.
- Completes a weekly status report on recruitment activity for senior management.
- Arranges travel and lodging for out-of-town applicants; assists with familiarizing applicants with Walla Walla; provides relocation assistance as needed.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
Education, experience and skills required
- Bachelor's degree with a major in business administration or related field; emphasis in human resources preferred.
- At least five years' experience in one or more of the following areas: recruitment, selection, training and coaching.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Experience recruiting for management, sales and tech positions a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience writing social media posts and engaging ad copy preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Ability to be professional, welcoming and friendly to prospects.
- Has a strong sense of urgency for filling positions in a timely manner.
- Ability to match personalities, skills and needs of company with corresponding personalities and abilities of applicants.
- Ability to work independently and organize time and resources effectively.
- Superior organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to travel.