How to know if your hospital's website needs a redesign
If any of these 5 statements resonates with you, it might be time to look into a website redesign.
Does your hospital's website need a redesign?
It's an important question, particularly if it's been a while since your last design update.
An outdated design can reflect poorly on your healthcare brand. But worse than that, it could be costing you business—by making your site difficult to navigate, hurting your search engine performance, or keeping healthcare consumers who use mobile devices or modern browsers from accessing your content.
Does your hospital need a new website design?
How do you know when it's time to redesign? Some signals, like a change in your corporate branding, can be obvious. Others can be less so but still important.
Here are 5 statements that often indicate a website redesign is a good idea:
1. "I'm not getting the traffic I want." Clunky interfaces, slow load times or code that isn't current are all problems that can keep people from finding or easily navigating your website.
If your numbers are down and they don't rise with any kind of content switch you make, a redesign may help.
2. "My site looks terrible on mobile devices." Take a look at your analytics, and you'll probably see that a growing number of people are visiting your site using a mobile device. If your site isn't mobile-friendly, it could be difficult, if not impossible, for people to use.
Either a redesign that includes responsive design or a mobile website could give you much better results.
3. "People visit, but they don't stay." High bounce rates certainly don't make digital marketers jump up and down. If people come to your hospital's website but leave mere seconds later, there could be something about the experience that is wrong. Again, maybe your site doesn't work on mobile devices. Or perhaps it doesn't show up properly in newer browsers.
4. "It's been a couple of years since our last redesign." Web technology changes rapidly. Sites that seemed hip and modern just 2 or 3 years ago can already be outdated. They might not include the code that modern browsers demand, or they may not contain all of the features that consumers expect.
If you can't recall when your site was last refreshed, it's definitely time to think redesign.
5. "My competitors are doing it better." Does your competitor's website look better than yours? Does it load faster? Is it easier to navigate? Does it show up higher in search results? Does it have consumer-friendly features that your site lacks?
You can bet consumers notice these differences when researching where to get their medical care. Having a site that delivers and delights can give you the market edge you need.
Let's talk about your website
Insights in your inbox.
Get the latest news and resources in healthcare marketing delivered straight to your inbox.