SHSMD Connections 2018: Choose your own adventure!
The premiere healthcare marketing conference of the year is just days away. Here are our tips for getting the most out of your upcoming trip to Seattle.
We're looking forward to catching up with our clients and meeting new people at the SHSMD Connections Seattle 2018 conference. And we couldn't be more thrilled that it's just a hop, skip and jump away from our headquarters here in Walla Walla.
Like you, we're combing through the schedule and mapping out our session strategy for the premiere healthcare marketing conference of the year. And we've noticed a few trends. If you're not a "stick to your track" kind of attendee, explore these themed tracks we think might be fascinating and full of great ideas. Plus, we've thrown in a few tips from the Coffey team for fun side trips full of local Seattle flavor.
Let's get personal
It seems we're all thinking about how to connect with consumers on a one-to-one level. If you're in Seattle early, kick off your week with Sunday night's keynote by Johnny Earle, creator of Johnny Cupcakes. He'll share his secret recipe for building brand loyalty through a unique experience.
To make an even deeper connection, pencil in these Tuesday sessions:
- "Know Me," Tuesday, Oct. 9, 11:10 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Explore how to use marketing automation to give customers what they want.
- "Trust, Transparency and Choice: Helping Future Health Care Consumers Through Digital Engagement," Tuesday, Oct. 9. 1:50 to 2:50 p.m. Learn how digital personas can help.
Local tip: Speaking of unique experiences, check out the Sunday Public Sail hosted by the Center for Wooden Boats. Enjoy a free boat ride—rain or shine—on beautiful Lake Union. Sign-ups start at 10 a.m.
The art of change
Big organizational changes can be daunting, but they are also filled with opportunities. Tuesday's keynote by Christi Zuber, PhD, RN, will focus on how to lead that change—and create change leaders around you—using a design-thinking approach.
And for more inspiration, check out these sessions earlier in the day:
- "We Are Merging! Now What? Practical Guidance for Leaders to Assure Organizational and Personal Success," Tuesday, Oct. 9, 11:10 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Find out how to achieve quick wins after a merger.
- "Challenged by Your Organization's Culture? Learn How to Change Defiance Into Delight Through This Culture Change Process," Tuesday, Oct. 9, 1:50 to 2:50 p.m. Discover six steps to begin transforming your workplace culture.
Local tip: Ready for a change of scene? Walk up Pike Street toward Capitol Hill for restaurants and coffee shops galore. Then browse the Elliott Bay Book Company on 10th Avenue. Or walk down Pike Street toward the waterfront for the unforgettable Pike Place Market, home of the flying fish and the original Starbucks.
Shaping the future
If emerging markets are on your mind, "Health Care Marketing to the New Americano" (Tuesday, Oct. 9, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.) will explore marketing to a multicultural audience. And "Customizing the Health Care Experience for Seniors: What, Why, and How" (Tuesday, Oct. 9, 11:10 a.m. to 12:10 p.m.) will help you understand trends in senior care, what works and what doesn't.
Local tip: Hungry for some multicultural fare? Marination (6th and Virginia)—a Hawaiian-Korean fusion dining experience—is just a 10-minute walk from the convention center.
If the future of social media and smart tech are more on your mind, try these sessions:
- "Facebook Live: Opportunities for Health Care Marketing Beyond Point and Shoot," Monday, Oct. 8, 9:10 to 10:10 a.m. Explore the possibilities of livestreaming.
- "The New Health Care Content: Where Earned Media and Social Media Intersect," Monday, Oct. 8, 11:35 a.m. to 12:35 p.m. Maximize the value of marketing campaigns by learning how to leverage earned media, owned media and social media channels.
- "Preparing for the Smart Home: Using a Headless CMS to Give Your Content Life Beyond the Web," Tuesday, Oct. 9, 11:10 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. Rethink how you're delivering content in the age of the "internet of things."
Local tip: You've visited the future. Now delve into Seattle's past with a self-guided tour of some historic Seattle spots.
See you soon!
For more on-the-spot thoughts, watch for the #shsmd18 hashtag on @CoffeyComm. And look for our booth in the exhibit hall. As always, we'll be offering free shipping to conference attendees, making it easy to send your conference materials back home!
Insights in your inbox.
Get the latest news and resources in healthcare marketing delivered straight to your inbox.