6 reasons to outsource healthcare marketing projects
As a healthcare marketer, you undoubtedly have a lot on your to-do list. Your duties probably include things like keeping the hospital website up-to-date, planning and publishing a healthcare magazine, and running social media channels.
These are common tasks for a healthcare marketer. They're also great examples of projects that can be easily and effectively outsourced to a marketing agency like Coffey.
Here are 6 worth-considering benefits of outsourcing healthcare marketing projects:
1. Outsourcing helps you manage costs. Saving money is one of the most common reasons healthcare marketers cite for doing projects like their hospital's magazine or newsletter in-house. But outsourcing can actually help make it easier to predict and control costs.
An agency like Coffey can offer you fixed costs and schedules for your publication, so you know exactly what to expect with each issue.
Outsourcing also helps ease staffing costs. You won't have to hire and train writers, editors and designers, or negotiate with a printing press. You also won't have to figure out what all the members of your publication team are going to work on in between issues.
2. Outsourcing lets you scale quickly. Even the best marketing plans get disrupted by urgent and unexpected projects.
When you have an established relationship with an agency, you have an extra team ready to help out with the unexpected, so you don't have to worry about shuffling the responsibilities of your in-house staff or hiring and training new people.
And when a project's complete or your budget shrinks, you can scale down as quickly and easily as you scaled up, without the need for layoffs.
3. Outsourcing gives you instant access to healthcare marketing expertise. Hospitals and health plans need to engage consumers on a wide range of channels, from print to social media. Keeping up with the best practices for each channel requires a lot of time and staff.
Outsourcing lets you tap into the expertise you need, when you need it. For example, you don't have to hire a mailing specialist or a team of developers, or spend your days staying current on the latest search engine optimization (SEO) best practices to help your hospital website rank better in Google.
4. Outsourcing helps you get a fresh perspective. When you're facing a marketing decision, it can be helpful to see what's worked for other hospitals or health plans.
An agency that works specifically in healthcare can give you that type of perspective and real-world examples that relate directly to the work you're doing.
5. Outsourcing makes your project management easier. When you outsource with an agency that can handle all phases of a publication, website or social media campaign, you don't have to manage a whole team or coordinate multiple vendors. At Coffey, we give our clients a main point of contact who makes sure all their needs are met. So managing a project is easy.
Pro tip: Not every task is a good candidate for outsourcing. Things like media relations, internal communications and physician relations are best done with your in-house staff.
6. Outsourcing helps you be more effective. If you've got too much on your plate and are struggling to meet your magazine's production schedule or to keep your website up-to-date, outsourcing can help.
You'll gain time and energy you can use for other important projects and initiatives. It may be the ticket to greater success for you and your organization.
Let Coffey help with your healthcare marketing needs
Coffey has everything you need in a healthcare marketing agency. We've worked exclusively in healthcare for more than 30 years and have experience working with all types of facilities and health systems. We offer all the services and expertise you need to create and implement effective healthcare marketing campaigns in print, on social media and on your website.
To get a quote, call 888.805.9101 or email us.
Get the blog by email!
New posts delivered every Monday.